DUNMANHIGH STUDENT COUNCIL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LET'S JUST SAY... I'M GLAD I'M NOT SCRATCHED BY CORALS

5 posters

Go down

LET'S JUST SAY... I'M GLAD I'M NOT SCRATCHED BY CORALS Empty LET'S JUST SAY... I'M GLAD I'M NOT SCRATCHED BY CORALS

Post  gohhuihan Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:51 pm

So yes. Great Barrier Reef. The most fun thing about it was the boat ride. The breeze is great, the sight is great, and I feel like I almost get blown off my feet.

BUT, when I got into the stuffy 'dry area' to listen about how to put on the gears, my yinyang came unbalanced. BAD NEWS. I threw up over the deck. EWW.

Oh well, as Mr Yeo and Mr Low put it, I attracted lots of fishes with my thrown up breakfast. Which is good.

And so, we get to see lots of fishes. I even saw somebody (can't recognise who though) swim through a whole school of fish. Right in the middle of them. Funny why the fishes didn't bite. You would have thought they might be angry at the cut through.

Many people got cut by corals because the corals are too high up and their feet/knees are too low. Thank goodness I didn't, because it looks way way painful. And I'm scared of pain. VERY.

And at the end when we were supposed to go back on to the boat, we were swimming in one big circle, but somehow we're just NEVER near the boat. Because we're swimming in circles. But oh well, we managed to, at the end, and this just tells us how important team work is. And also, believe you can get back, so that you can.

Okay I bet you guys don't understand what I'm talking about. But still. Great Barrier Reef had been fun and I'll MOST CERTAINLY want to go again. Even if it means throwing up over the deck again. But next time, I'll keep my gears on because I didn't get to see much this time... Sad
gohhuihan
gohhuihan
Toddler Councillor
Toddler Councillor

Number of posts : 6
Department : CR
Registration date : 2007-12-13

http://www.that-summerday.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

LET'S JUST SAY... I'M GLAD I'M NOT SCRATCHED BY CORALS Empty yay..

Post  yixiang (labbit) ^^ Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:26 am

de gbr is fun~! and i am proud to say dat i accidentally kicked a coral widd my knee and didn't put antiseptic cream or de thingy dey will put when you go up to dem widd a cut.. ^^..
bad new is it will leave a scar.. good news is it is healing =) and its not pain one haha..
yixiang (labbit) ^^
yixiang (labbit) ^^
Babysitter
Babysitter

Number of posts : 30
Department : IA!!!
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Back to top Go down

LET'S JUST SAY... I'M GLAD I'M NOT SCRATCHED BY CORALS Empty swimming in circle

Post  weijie Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:39 pm

haha.. i like tht part..

swimming in circles to get back on the deck..

hmm.. who's in the circle..? huihan was there.? lol

i rmr got ben ng n yuru n dinah n amanda n seeting n lol... cnt rmr alrdy...

we were paddling in circles n move in circles n we hold on to each other... very funny... we also luff like siao there...

then later want to go back tht time we become a line...

then ben is the one leading us back... haha... then i got cramp in leg again... zz...

then ben n amanda save me i guess? hah... took a long time to swim back to the deck cuz of the current...

but it was fun to float around with you guys~ haha
weijie
weijie
Babysitter
Babysitter

Number of posts : 27
Department : internal affairs~
Registration date : 2007-12-12

http://www.sadisticatedz.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

LET'S JUST SAY... I'M GLAD I'M NOT SCRATCHED BY CORALS Empty A very memorable experience! :D

Post  chua.yuru Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:49 am

Firstly wanna correct Weijie's mistake. haha. Dinah was lazing on the boat, she wasn't part of the circle. haha.

Great Barrier Reef is the most amazing thing that can ever be created on this earth.
The waters are so clean and blue, the fishes are so beautiful, the corals are so wondefully shaped and coloured. The whole scenery was just breath-taking. It was like 'wow', but those kind when u just open your mouth and no sound come out. yep that kind of 'wow'. i never thought that i would have this opportunity to go down into the ocean and snorkel around. i never once thought i would have done this. but yep, i did it with my fellow scs! and it was indeed an enjoyable experience. it was also something that a camera cant capture that special moment of fun and laughter. it was something that all of us would keep it safely deposited inside our memory bank.

special moments are like holding each other's 'noodles' and forming a circle, waiting for the waves to push us along. but in the end, we got further and further away from the boat itself. haha. so fun. we sang songs, cheered, scream, tell jokes, or just laugh at some random stuff. it was so fun. and that was the time i got to hang out with the juniors and have fun with them. after that i decided to join the drifting pairs- mabel and zhi xin. haha. so we three just laid back on our noodle and followed the waves to wherever they want to bring us to. and in the end, we also drifted away from the boat. and decided to kick back to the boat. at one point of time(when mabel was dragging me and zhi xin back), zara saw a shark right beneath us. we couldnt dip our heads down to confirm cause didnt have goggles right on our heads, what a pity Sad . we scream and scream. cause we were soo scared of a shark attack. haha. but it was funny & scary. another memorable experience. how many times do u get a shark right beneath you? none perhaps. unless u go to underwater world- but that;s above you. haha. the other fun moment was watching the boat guy bathe in this tub. haha. we just watched him- it's kind of rude isn't it. but can't help it lah, who ask him bathe right in front of us. in the end, we girls ended 'bathing' too. but more of just shampooing our hair. k quite illegal. but yeah. the boat only has a small tank, that's why we couldnt have everybody to wash their hair. Sad

reflections time!
i could have interacted more with the juniors. that's the saddest thing that i didnt do much during this whole trip. sorry for that guys. i will try my best to go back for xmas outings and hang out with u all ok? haha. i could have been more brave and dive deeper down. but dunno why i always freak out halfway when i dived. cause i was so afraid that i didnt have enough air. and i didnt really got the hang of the art of kicking the flippers. sigh. chengqian and mr low so pro. sadness aside. i got to see the clam close! haha. cool.

this was the best activity ever. EVER!
chua.yuru
chua.yuru

Number of posts : 6
Department : EXCO0607 ; Internal Affairs (since 2005)
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

LET'S JUST SAY... I'M GLAD I'M NOT SCRATCHED BY CORALS Empty Hey!

Post  He Shu Jun Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:28 pm

haha, dont forget the coral eggs and sperms.

but yep! it was fun Fun FUN!! i love the giant clams! Laughing and miss tiong and i went out together (both of us cant swim. sadly..) and got stuck in an area where the water is super shallow, and high risk of getting scratched by corals. took us forever to get back to the boat, since we swimming against the current...

and after that, i spend a very long time drifting around the boat with puimun. really fun! and jiahui they all were throwing bread around us to feed the fish -.-

i simply LOVE the boat ride ^_^ windy and sooooooo nice. karmen's hairstyle on the boat was super nice.

He Shu Jun
Toddler Councillor
Toddler Councillor

Number of posts : 11
Department : Internal Affairs
Registration date : 2007-12-13

http://www.strawberry224.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

LET'S JUST SAY... I'M GLAD I'M NOT SCRATCHED BY CORALS Empty Re: LET'S JUST SAY... I'M GLAD I'M NOT SCRATCHED BY CORALS

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum