DUNMANHIGH STUDENT COUNCIL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

will work for money : )

4 posters

Go down

will work for money : ) Empty will work for money : )

Post  puimun Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:37 pm

am so broke after late night shopping that nearly got me killed by parents but i said my clothes are for new year : ) they relented ...

... then they saw the skirts i bought.

+

won't make another nutshell cos my nutshells are too big to be called nutshells : D

SHOPPING! (HEART)
as a self-confessed shopaholic. i have always been a great big huggable fan of retail therapy regardless of whether i need it or not, as long as i have the money, the stamina and the drive to go out there to bargain and buy. really lor, i want to go back to cairns central and buy my way through Valleygirl (isit?), hunt down Target, bulldoze through Jayjays and Ally X all over again! and dozens more shops still waiting for me unexplored. FEAR MY WALLET, MWAHAHAHA! ... but i think by the time i'm through with above mentioned my wallet will be like D: and not the shops leh ...

compared to cairns central the night markets aren't all the rage, considering their stuff are the cliched 100-year-standard souvenirs that ply tourists to their trade, but you do see unconventional stuff like gold medals declaring World's Worst Cook (which huihan & i shared and gave to Aunty Angela : D) and World's Greatest Couch Potato (doesn't sound like me at all, right?) and more lar ...

shopping in cairns central is a real heartache because 1) all the stuff are sooooo nice, 2) they are unfortunately very ex and 3) i am not a rich kiddo. All linked! even the bottled water went at prices x2, x3 the prices of Sg's, but my mama said, "Aiya you always compare with Sg, so what if bottled water very ex? australia rich what!" k, no offence to anyone alright? : ) what my mum is trying to say is simply When in Rome, do as the Romans do. or something like that lar ...

FOOD
i'm not a foodie, not a guy, and not a girl with an appetite. missed my mum's cooking a lot, because the food there was horribly expensive, and i don't exactly fancy eating a S$9 bowl of noodles for lunch, thank you very much.

the food there was really D:-ly fattening, which is really bad news for someone who's desperately trying to avoid the 50-kg mark but hit it anyway so is now trying to maintain it, therefore i admire the cairns people (and all australians for that matter) for being able to stay slim despite eating such food : )

and i realised that the food all came in disposables. NOT GOOD, AUSTRALIA! no wonder their ozone is depleting like, so quickly ... it felt really horrible having to throw away so much stuff when you know, they could just get reusables and save money and the earth, but oh well ...

will try to reduce my carbon footprint : )

will work for money, pmz!

will work for money : ) Cimg0010

puimun
Junior Councillor
Junior Councillor

Number of posts : 15
Department : ell-see
Registration date : 2007-12-13

http://3-unspeak0ble.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

will work for money : ) Empty whoa whoa

Post  yixiang (labbit) ^^ Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:21 am

whoa.. dats sad.. everything dere is ex.. especially food cos we have no choice but to spend it..
oh yar!! but........ de guy went to de supermarket to buy water and we found them selling a big bottle of water (1.5litres i think) at 69 cents~!~! yayay..
yea.. de stuff dere all really very not healthy.. everything is juz eat and throw away stuff.. sad..
yixiang (labbit) ^^
yixiang (labbit) ^^
Babysitter
Babysitter

Number of posts : 30
Department : IA!!!
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Back to top Go down

will work for money : ) Empty Re: will work for money : )

Post  Ming Quan Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:50 am

hahas i think australian food is generally expensive and not always nice to eat, thats why i heard mrs tan say most people eat at home. i rmb i ate 2 cup noodles and a can of tuna on the shopping night, cost around 4 dollars altogether, tasted great! (:

Ming Quan

Number of posts : 6
Department : Corporate Relations

Back to top Go down

will work for money : ) Empty HAHA =D

Post  puimun Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:26 am

Lol mingquan! I had a milkshake, top that! it's more ex than your dinner, but very very worth it Very Happy

and you can finish 2 cup noodles? i get full ater 3/4 of one ... cough.

puimun
Junior Councillor
Junior Councillor

Back to top Go down

will work for money : ) Empty zomg

Post  yixiang (labbit) ^^ Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:17 am

4 dollar dinner!!! nvr tell me!!! nice one la!!
yixiang (labbit) ^^
yixiang (labbit) ^^
Babysitter
Babysitter

Number of posts : 30
Department : IA!!!
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post  chua.yuru Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:05 pm

ming quan, mine even cheaper.
cant beat this.

two cups of yoghurt- $1.89.
that was my dinner on the last day of shopping. i didnt think it was worth it to spend so much money on food and clothes. so i only bought one shirt. haha. australia's so expensive. haha.
chua.yuru
chua.yuru

Number of posts : 6
Department : EXCO0607 ; Internal Affairs (since 2005)
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

will work for money : ) Empty aww ...

Post  puimun Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:29 pm

yixiang you must be so sad, $1.89 dinner =D yuru, like that can get full meh? O.o

puimun
Junior Councillor
Junior Councillor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum