DUNMANHIGH STUDENT COUNCIL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Too lazy to separate them into sections..

Go down

Too lazy to separate them into sections.. Empty Too lazy to separate them into sections..

Post  gNAKgNOK Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:56 pm

Hihi! First time post on a blog leh! Coz I dun hav a blog… Very Happy N First POST OF THE BLOG! Woohoo. Anyway, I enjoyed myself thru out tis trip. Got to mix ard wif so many wonderful ppl!! My objectives I set for myself before the trip were to do some networking and get to know more abt my snrs and jnrs, so I decided to make a point to go ard more wif jnrs or snrs during the trip. I hope tt u guys did set some objectives during the trip. Perhaps u can reflect on them too.

When I reached the airport, I was wif my mum but when I reached the grp, the gears in my body seemed to go “clung clung” as I assumed a leadership role and started rounding ppl up and stuff n my mum watched me. Wonder how she feels… I suppose that’s how every leader feels when they encounter a situation, all their past experiences, knowledge, leadership techniques will come into play. So I suppose all this comes wif experience n gathering knowledge from other leaders ba.

Anyway, I walked thru the metal detector thingy at the airport and the alarm went off! I was like S***! In the end, it was a pen in my pocket….. >.<>.<, onli bad part..
I hate flying. Yucky food, terrible experience when taking off or landing and u have to constantly "pop" ur ears if u noe what i mean. I watched transformers (super cool), Simpsons ( super lame), n Ratatouille ( super cute).

When we got off, we went to Bohemia Resort. Interesting place. Look at other posts for pics.. Very Happy Rooms smell funny. There's a pool, pool tables, BBQ pit, kitchen... Then we went to cairns central. Nice 2-storey place.. Lots of shops. Food is ex though... :X Meepok S$13.50? We went to the Lagoon too. Beautiful place. If that place was a beach, it would be even better. Sun is gorgeously warm AT FIRST for some ppl... Very Happy, open spaces to suntan, a must-seeee in my opinion. We had a mini amazing race.

We went to REEFTEACH where they taught us the different types of reefs, fishes and corals. Informative in a good way but i was dozing off at the end nt becos it was boring, but i was too tired from running ard.

Night Market was nt bad but dint interest me much. Tourist stuff. I bought some stuff though such as a beer can container which is made the same material as wet suits.. Tts abt it..

Bunking wif my roommates was fun. CQ is amazing hilarious at times. Jia teck, the coconut boy is a BEAUTIFUL GIRL! haha. Samuel, fellow "jackson" who apparently has a voice like me!, Sis WOH the "alarm clock".. heheh..

SNORKELING TIME! Super fun. The sea breeze is like a yawn after an afternoon nap, tt kind of exhilarating feeling, excepts it lasts much longer than tt! When i jumped into the sea and looked into the water. IT was amazing! One word... ZOMG! (if tt is a word..). The fish are a few feet below u and u wouldn't even noe until u jump in n see! I did some free diving which means holding ur breath and diving down to touch the corals. After tt we had lunch before snorkeling some more! Fed fish wif watermelons pieces n muffins crumbs! Took a pic wif our banner too! haha. On our way back, the boys took off our shirts and suntan! WoW! So fun. So warm. N none of us got sunburns i tink! Ironically, the girls got it! HAHA! noobs.. Razz. I could fly my shirt like a wind sock too.. shows how strong the wind is. Fed more fish! Took more pics including p(RESIDENTIALs)!

The. Next. Day. We had free time when we went to a heritage market. And i just rmb, does ms yeo still own the legendary leaders ice-cream??! Razz We went to the bird park there. COoL! The birds just fly onto yr shoulders. The cassorary bird is HUGE! One claws is as big as my face.. Anyway, we saw the lorikeets and parrots eat the bird feed on our shoulders. Karmen was veri funny. Steffi too. HAHA. Wouldn't say why.. Koala Park wasn't as nice. Kangaroos are all dao kias. Reptiles just noe how to slp and stone..

The River Boat ride was fun. The swallows fly ard the boat and r totally not afraid of us. Feel like Pocohantus. Haha. Pity there were no crocs or sea turtles! The rainforest was interesting enough too. Sean Connery was there too! ( Aussie guides are good!)

Gondala Ride was fun too. The gondola moves quite fast and we were way above the rainforest. There was rainforest 360 degrees ard us! I babysitted 5 children (Samuel, Sara, Gillian, Tong wei, Jia Teck) in the gondola as a adult n we become a family! HAHA! We would scream and shout everytime we pass by a support tower! Took more pics! When we reached the bottom, we dragged more ppl into our family! Including my dept ppl! ^^ When we reached the resort, we went swimming! Super fun! ^^ Everyone just jumped in and swim! Love thaT! Oh ya, I got a leg cramp >.<, onli bad part..
The. Next. Next. Day. We went to Rusty Market which is the local wet market in Cairns. They sell lots of fruits including Paw Paw which is papaya loh! Then we went back to the Lagoon to swim! Played captain’s ball, “Fish n Chip” ^^ ( Dog n Bone in the pool), took more pics! Carried Weijie on my back.. haha.
After we ate some weird burgers, we went to raft at Barron River. Very enjoyable! Our guide, Chris, was engaging n entertaining. We tried “surfing” which is parking our raft beside a rapid wif the raft’s side facing the rapid so water would spill in and ppl would get veri wet! Very Happy Then, I tried swimming down a rapid! Scary at first, but veri fun! The currents drifts u ard n if u r nt careful, you might bump into rocks! I noe some ppl were apprehensive abt jumping n after jumping, u can get sucked under water by the current. But be confident and lift yr head! Sometimes, you can get tied down by obstacles but dun be afraid! Fight yr way to the top n u will be able to breathe once more! Tis sounds funny and amusing to me. But u get my point abt persevering thru adversities. Tis will happen everyday, small or big, obstacles challenge u everyday. Rmb not to panic and persevere. Follow weijie's motto: smile always!
After drying up ourselves, we visited their lounge where they sold us pics at A$16.00 each! OUCH! Fortunately, I shared wif other peeps so it was okay. While returning to the resort, we played tis “Cai1 Quan2” game which involves thumbs! Haha. Veri veri veri funny! CQ is able to control ur thumbs! It is so scary tt at first I dint dare look at him in the eye! Psychic freak! Haha. Seriously addictive game.. BBQ dinner was nt bad.. watched X men 3.. played cards wif my “family”! I suspect my daughters are drunks, 1 of my sons is actually a girl and the onli normal one is Samuel.. ^^
The. Last. Day. We ate cup noodles for breakfast! Yup! Hot! Steamy! Spicy! Razz *slurps* We got onto the plane and I began playing more cards, sleeping short naps, watching movies and eating terrible food.. Bleahx. Finally, we reached Singapore! I took a p(RESIDENTIALs) wif our sch banner b4 my family brought me to eat HOKKIEN MEE! I was SUPER HAPPY! My craving was satisfied..
Anyway, I tink my initial objectives were achieved and my wish during the trip was praying that the Yr 4s will get to noe the Yr 2s better and vice versa. I noe some ppl were shy or afraid ppl will tink u r weird if u act in a certain way. I sincerely hope u guys were able to open up during the trip. Becoz if it is you, why hide it?! If you show yr true self, ppl will accept you for hu u are. If u dun, ppl will be wondering hu u r, so they definitely wouldn’t accept u coz they dun even noe hu r u! Sounds cheam? Nah. Just be yrself. Always.
My advice to everyone: Be yrself. Dun be shy to open up. Mix ard with ppl u dun noe or uncomfortable, snrs or jnrs, coz sometimes, these ppl may become one of your good frens! Very Happy
I hope we DHSSCs got to noe each other a little better. You guys dun noe how much i love DHSSC... cos i dun! WAHA. jkjk. ^^ I LOVE DHSSC ^^. Tks for reading my own personal reflection regarding the trip. Hope tis refresh yr memory in case you forgot what happened a week ago... Sry for nt having any pics! Pls stay tuned for updates abt our next SC outing!^&*@%
Loy Xingqi a.k.a. LiPa, gNAKgNOKs

gNAKgNOK

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum