DUNMANHIGH STUDENT COUNCIL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Out in the ocean, covered with lotion.

4 posters

Go down

Out in the ocean, covered with lotion. Empty Out in the ocean, covered with lotion.

Post  Cheng Qian Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:32 pm

Hello to all and it really took me a long time before i got to here, thanks to Karmen.

It's the first time i've actually done snorkling and it's at the Great Barrier Reef! The feeling is fabulous! I've got to admit that's my favourite experience throughout the trip. When we all put our gears on, all of us had fears about snorkling in the ocean, and most of us did not have any of such previous experience before. We feared of the salty ocean, the blazing sun, the ocean's currents, the extreme UV radiation, the inability to swim well, the sharks, the jellyfishes and everything with stings, the big fishes and of course, the small fishes.

When we jumped into the water, we shivered as a result of the sudden chill. And then someone shouted "Oh my god the fishes are just beneath me!" i'm sure all of us are excited by the exclamation. Soon we started our amazing journey. We summoned our courage and swam further away from the ship, also due to a result of the ocean's current. We saw lots of beautiful fishes, sea cucumbers, sea stars and much more. The most interesting part for me is seeing those 2 reef sharks as i swam further down. At first, when i saw those sharks i feel scared. One of them was swimming just under me. It's like " oh my god what a fish " Although they had told us there is no shark attack at the gbr, but still it might bite you. Slowly i overcame this fear, i found out that they were more afraid of me than i am afraid of them. I never got to see them a second time. I miss that sudden appearance and sudden disappearance.

Sometimes, in SC, you will have to take some risk. When the choices are given to you, would you follow the conventional way of doing things and expecting the same end results? Or take the risk of making modifications and having a totally new result? Sometimes you'll have to try something new, you'll get new unexpected results, this also gives future generations an alternative look at doing things. If it did not turn out to be as successful, do not give up, evaluate the whole process and learn from the mistakes made, surely you'll not face similar mistakes in the future!

Cheng Qian
Babysitter
Babysitter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Out in the ocean, covered with lotion. Empty Re: Out in the ocean, covered with lotion.

Post  puimun Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:19 pm

omg whaaaaaaaaaaat? you saw sharks? D:

yep, we should all learn from our mistakes! this is so like history, Haha ...

puimun
Junior Councillor
Junior Councillor

Number of posts : 15
Department : ell-see
Registration date : 2007-12-13

http://3-unspeak0ble.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Out in the ocean, covered with lotion. Empty Re: Out in the ocean, covered with lotion.

Post  Admin Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:26 pm

Cheng Qian wrote:Hello to all and it really took me a long time before i got to here, thanks to Karmen.
dearest chengqian, what do you mean? Razz

Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-12-09

http://dhsstudentcouncil.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheng Qian Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:57 pm

okok i mean thanks to karmen for bringing me to post here or else i relaly dony know how to access.

Cheng Qian
Babysitter
Babysitter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Out in the ocean, covered with lotion. Empty hahahaha

Post  yixiang (labbit) ^^ Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:22 am

Admin wrote:
Cheng Qian wrote:Hello to all and it really took me a long time before i got to here, thanks to Karmen.
dearest chengqian, what do you mean? Razz

oo.. karmen is admin?? =P
now we noe who admin is.. thanks to karmen.. >.<
yixiang (labbit) ^^
yixiang (labbit) ^^
Babysitter
Babysitter

Number of posts : 30
Department : IA!!!
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum