DUNMANHIGH STUDENT COUNCIL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the big unknown

Go down

the big unknown Empty the big unknown

Post  puimun Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:30 pm

i am going to sound like a joker compared to the other three reflections because i am seriously not a very serious kid, but i'm not scared of standing out : ) actually i am lah, but ...

... sometimes you gotta step out of your comfort zone into the big unknown, you know? can't always stay hidden in your shell, got to know when to open up and take a chance, and you might like it : )

just like the GBR lor. to be honest with you peepos, i was afraid of going out there. i have a perpetual fear of jellyfish, and a sort of fearful admiration of sharks. i kept thinking, what if i meet a shark? or what if a jellyfish pops up in front of me? will i freak? then there was the snake issue, but i didn't see any, thank goodness ...

part of me wanted to go out there and kick nature's ass, but part of me wanted to stay on the boat and get myself tanned. Or maybe i simply felt lazy, i dunno ...

i don't regret snorkelling because i liked the salty water got closer to Mother Nature. plus i got to experience this once-in-a-lifetime-unless-i'm-really-rich trip when i'm still young. even my parents, who are relatively well-travelled, got jealous of me when i gushed about the GBR, and it's not often i get to impress my parents speechless. they called me 'unreal' lor ...

mostly, i snorkelled around exploring thingys by myself, and sometimes i drifted towards ms chua (travel buddy!) who wore the same colours as me! : D so 有缘 right, aww ... ANYWAY, the point is, there's no point, so nevermind. Didn't strike myself on any coral, but i did get to touch a few, and nearly touched a starfish but water pressure & the current didn't let me, sigh.

i really liked the GBR because it's one of the 7 wonders of the world (i think?) and (this sounds really stupid, don't laugh at me k?) i had been dreaming about visiting it and snorkeling there ever since i was a little kid, like, when i first heard about it? Dunno lah! Last time when you're so small and cute (i know i still am) you don't really think a lot, you just want to do this, want to do that, don't care how also ...

so maybe i didn't really spend a lot of quality time with SCs in the water, but i made up for that on the boat. i especially liked the trip back, where there was a lot of camwhoring and stuff. sitting on the front deck with your fellow SC-mateys and friends may seem like a simple thing, but it's the simple pleasures in life that makes it worth living : )

got to know two juniors a lot better through the GBR. you know who you are, darlings!<3 it's funny, the kind of things you do when you don't want to leave the water; and it's funnier, the kind of things you talk about, like sewage tanks and retribution. : D we are a crappy bunch, aye?

so i got over my initial fears of jellies and sharks (i realised i got a lot of fears leh, why arr) because i didn't see any (apparently chengqian did, and i'm jealous), and also because quite a few others had those fears too. i guess when other people are just as scared as you are, you kind of feel better about yourself. i know it sounds a little mean, and self-centred ...

i miss the GBR and i am sad because i can't see myself in the photo!! Haha, at least i know i was there ; )

so i think we should all try to discard whatever judgmental thoughts we have about something eg. GBR and then jump straight into it, because if we take too much time to judge something, we only reduce the amount of time we get to love it. Yup. : ) and i love the GBR loads, would do just about anything to go back there with SC again! Haha.

Lubb, pmz!

the big unknown Cimg0110

puimun
Junior Councillor
Junior Councillor

Number of posts : 15
Department : ell-see
Registration date : 2007-12-13

http://3-unspeak0ble.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum