DUNMANHIGH STUDENT COUNCIL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jack, I'm flying!

Go down

Jack, I'm flying! Empty Jack, I'm flying!

Post  Samuel Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:47 pm

Day 2 - Jack, I'm flying!

We woke up quite early the next day to a simple breakfast of cereal and juice, as we wanted to avoid being sea-sick. Yes, we went out to sea. Yes, it was for snorkelling. No, the boat is not named Titanic.

The boat ride was soooooo fun. Almost all of us went out on the front deck and the sea breeze never felt so good. A sunburn wouldn't stop any of us from staying outside to feel the sky, sun and sea. Pictures were, once again, taken in excess. The ride ended to our slight dismay, but we were about to get an experience for life.

We were given some tips for snorkelling, and fitted with gear. I think I was the most mafan person there, because the flippers were just too small. But anyway, it wasn't long before we jumped into the ocean and...

Wow.

I looked below and was so shocked I almost breathed through my nose instead of my mouth. The ocean was so deep and you could see the fishes all right in front of you, all within arm's reach. The next few hours went by easily, marvelling at the sights that the reef had to provide, what with giant Parrotfish, "nemos" and reef sharks, along with a rainbow array of corals that all looked different yet were bunched so tightly you couldn't tell the difference.

The only reason people wanted to leave was because alot of us were getting seasick (Lucky me. I was safe.) I was kind of tired on the way back, so I plugged into my phone and slept through the whole thing back. The only thing that I saw was 4 salted fishes lying on the front of the boat.

If I remember correctly, we returned to the Night Markets yet again, and had the Fish & Chips there for our dinner. It was surprisingly disappointing, with even the Chips having more taste than the fish itself. You could see most of us going back to the stall to get more sauce for the bland fish.

I was asking Jia Teck whether he wanted to go buy some drinks and food from Woolworths (Try saying that 5 times quickly), which is a supermarket, nearby. I waited for him to finish up his food and we went there to get a few bottles of drinks.
Samuel
Samuel

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum