DUNMANHIGH STUDENT COUNCIL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

reflections of the river...................... activity

Go down

reflections of the river...................... activity Empty reflections of the river...................... activity

Post  yixiang (labbit) ^^ Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:48 am

haha.. well, if you were to look into the river and reflect, you'll see yourself!!
okok.. dats not my point.. but yanlin and i are here to talk about the whitewater rafting activity..
and we have came up with something as cool as the water, the air, the guide, the raft and the SCs~! presenting.. .:L-I-C-K:.!! taddaaaa! actually, its juz 4 points with their first letters put together.. -.- no special meaning to the word.. haha

soooo.. can you guess what "L" stands for?
its: Looking out for one another!!

as we have experienced, rafting wasn't as easy as it seems.. and everybody knows that anyone can get thrown out of the boat anytime.. sadly, that was one factor that changed Tully River to Barron River.. here, we can really see the dangers of the river..

thus, when we are in the raft in the vast river, all we have is one another.. we have to support each other and offer help readily when someone needs it.. during the ride down the river, a few of us lost balance and fell into the river.. and it was really cool to witness everyone reaching out their hands for their team members who were in the water.. and i am sure that it was even more heartwarming to see that everyone is safe and sound in the end..

also, there was a time when we were allowed to have a dip in the water.. as a leader and team member, we should constantly look out for our teammates and make sure everyone is going in the right way.. this way, the guide doesn't really have to panic over losing team members and going out to save them.. by helping and supporting one another, a lot of time can be saved.. and who knows, could be later used for more fun activites.. yea!

as a team, we working together is key, if someone gets neglected and left behind, it cannot continue working properly.. systems work like that too.. Everyone is A PART.. not APART.. when everybody successfully does their part, the outcome will appear in front of us.. so.. if someone has a problem or is in a bad situation, we should actively extend a helping hand to assist in solving it.. this way, everything can be carried smoothly and successfully..

keep a lookout for people who need help.. don't hesitate to offer them the help they need.. who knows, they could give the help back to you in the future!

Next.. its the "I"..
it is something that everybody has,
something that cannot be seen, touched, or tasted
something that is strong enough to change one's mindset..

it is: Influence~!
imagine the guide of the raft saying instructions that are wrong.. everybody will follow them and eventually do the wrong thing.. this is the influence of the guide.. as a leader, you have the influence to change anything.. thus you have to use it wisely.. when the guide gives his instructions, they are very clearly given, and everyone can follow them without complaint.. here, he uses his influence to guide us down the river.. looks pro? you can do it too..

notice that the guide introduced us to the different commands he would give for us to row the raft? that was how he was able to smoothly command us to row the raft down the river.. i also recall my guide saying in a very cheerful tone that we were going to conquer the river together.. he also did that hi-five and slap the water thing for motivation.. cool, huh? here, he was inspiring a shared vision to us.. this is an important process when you wanna influence people.. when everybody wants to work toward that common goal, everything becomes easy and smooth.. also, no one could actually dissapprove of the idea cause everyone's eyes are fixed on the goal..

influence is strong and powerful.. use it wisely..

soooo.. that about what i have to say..
yanlin will talk about the C and the K.. in the next topic.. excited? haha keep guessing!

btw.. you guys can reply and talk abt your own experiences or comments~! forum is fun.. keep postng~! =)

-labbit
yixiang (labbit) ^^
yixiang (labbit) ^^
Babysitter
Babysitter

Number of posts : 30
Department : IA!!!
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Back to top Go down